I'd been looking forward to this weekend since last summer. The last time I was asked to be in a wedding I was 2 years old. After walking down the aisle, I laid down as I got to the alter since spreading petals was so physically exhausting. Luckily, I had a bit (not much) more self-control this past weekend as a bridesmaid.
When I was asked to be a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding, I was happily surprised and excited. The wedding ceremony and reception took place at a beautiful inn in Pennsylvania.
Instead of giving a play by play of the night, I'm going to recall some of my favorite moments and parts that were perfectly planned out.
- Matching robes, flip flops and earring given to the bridal party at the rehearsal dinner. We had so much fun getting ready in our lovely matching robes.
- The couple decided to have grandparents do readings and reflections of a healthy marriage.
- The best man and woman rang a bell when the officiant announced the couple officially married.
- A rave party on the dancefloor with electric dance music and foam glow sticks (SO FUN!)
- As thank yous, the couple made a soundtrack CD of the memorable songs from their special day since they love music!